Friday, December 6, 2013

Adjourning Phase

Thinking back, one of the times where I had the hardest to say goodbye was working as the teacher with two other girls (t.a's) which we made the best team in the center when working with the kids and together. Each one of us had our own strengths and weaknesses but we were there to support one another, read our body language and know what each other needed. The funny thing was that we were the only team out of four others that did not have any issues with each other and was not sitting in the directors office every other day. We worked together for a whole year until the director decided to split us up. We were all in shock and did not know how to react or say. I told the director why had she decided to break up the best team and all she said was to strengthened the others so I got two totally new T.A.'s the next year. I wish sometimes that things could have been handle differently.

When I started this journey of getting my Master's, and especially on line, I did not know what to expect. Now as I reflect, I have learned so much from every one I had some sort of communication and dialogue. I think it will be different for me leaving a group whom I have learned and seen other perspectives from. It has been an amazing ride.

For me adjourning is essential because is where as a team can look back and celebrate what has been accomplished and move on to a new phase. No matter what paths each one takes team members will be connected one way or another.
                                

3 comments:

  1. Great post Ana,
    When I reflect my the inital feelings and at times fears I had before starting the program I can say that I did not think I would feel like I was a part of a community. My fears have been eased and now I am able to relate,learn,grow and develop myself on this journey. the adjourning stage is vital to team development as it shows us how once we work together the end may be a moment to rejoice and not be bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana,
    Like most I had my reservations about taking online classes. I didn't know what to expect and was unsure how others would respond to my thoughts and feelings. I can say that I feel like we have our own community that supports and encourage each other. I feel that my thoughts are being heard and that my thoughts are respected. It easy for me to communicate with everyone because everyone is open-minded and understanding of our differences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ana,
    One of the things that has created an atmosphere of trust within our team was open and honest communication. We have shared our ideas, as well as, learned from each other. For sure, I can say that we are participants from a high performing group, who are now completing the current program. Consequently, this has brought on feelings of sadness, as the team members have effectively become as one, and now are going our separate ways. However, now is the time to say good-bye to each other, and wish each good luck as we pursue the next endeavor.
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete