Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

For this assignment, I have been asked to name three organizations, local or state, which I would have and participate in as communities of practice as well as to name several job opportunities I would enjoy being a part of.
My three organizations are:

PSESD (PUGET SOUND EDUCATIONAL SERVICE DISTRICT)
I choose this organization because they over see and contract with school districts and child care centers in order to provide Head Start programs and ECEAP the support and guidance in order to meet standards. Their goal is to create success for each child as well as to eliminate the opportunity gap.

WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF EARLY LEARNING
I choose this organizations because it works closely with child care providers and ECEAP providers in order to provide and maintain state regulations. Recently there has been a increase of required trainings  and curriculum implementation within child care and in home centers.

WASHINGTON STATE ASSOCIATION OF HEAD START AND ECEAP
I choose this organization because I feel most familiar with. As a past parent and a present teacher, Head Start programs have been part of my life. I strongly believe in their mission and goal among children and families of low income.

Job opportunities:

Teacher Mentor: This job I might say is my dream job. Mentoring teachers for Head Start programs is my main goal. This job requires to have a Master's in Early Childhood Studies. Their main focus is to provide instructional leadership and reflective/ administrative support to early learning teaching staff.

Instructor for South Puget Sound Community College for the department of Early Childhood Education. For this position I have to have my Master's in the field of study. I always have been curious of teaching early childhood classes on line or face to face. The only other requirement is for the employee to have teaching experience.  

Early Learning Technical Assistant Coordinator-Education. For this job as the first job mentioned their duties are to provide guidance and professional development opportunities for the ECEAP programs in the area. For this job only a BA/BS is required in the field of Early Childhood .


                              


2 comments:

  1. Ana,
    I am also passionate about mentoring and training early childhood teachers, especially in terms of creating more developmentally appropriate and child-centered classrooms, and in building trusting and engaging relationships with families. I love the vision that you shared, and I agree - I would love to see "children, families, and teachers engaged in the joy, work, and wonder of childhood!" Thanks for sharing your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ana,
    I can see that you are very passionate about your goal - Mentoring teachers for the Head Start Programs. Actually, the Children's Defense Fund (2005) claims that Head Start has effectively supported more than 22 million of American's poorest children for years. Evidently, these programs are the most sizable communal sponsored educational programs for Early Head Start and Preschool children. However, I like the participation of parents in parent education, program planning, and performing activities, are fundamental of every Head Start. This aspect seems to be interesting.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete